Saturday, April 14, 2012

Tiger Balm

I'm a sucker for quirky products, especially when they have odd names like this one. It's a tiny bottle of Tiger Balm, a ointment that is much like Icy Hot. At first, I thought it was a rip-off because when I smeared a dab of it on my aching knee, nothing happened. Oh, it smelled pungent, but other than that...nothing.

Forty five minutes later, my knee was on fire.

Like many other similar products, Tiger Balm uses menthol as the active ingredient. Why it takes so long to work is some sort of Chinese mystery.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve A said...

Embrocate! As for the time - old animals have tough hides...

10:51 AM  
Blogger PM Summer said...

I tore a tendon in my elbow during 'The Great Escape' from Dallas to Hays County last year. I wore Tiger Balm 'plaster' patches for about two months. Love that stuff.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home