Saturday, January 14, 2012

The sheer badness of comfort food


So sweet they make your teeth hurt.

Yes, it's a high dynamic range photo of a sack of Zingers. I love Zingers. They're the perfect compliment to a cup of strong, black coffee. Besides, I need the hot liquid to get all the sugar off my teeth.

A lot of people were saddened by this week's news of the bankruptcy at Hostess, the maker of Twinkies. If they go off the market, all the references to them in Zombieland will be dated. I've never been a big fan of Twinkies, preferring Zingers or even Tastykakes.

The only problem with Zingers is they won't survive in a jersey pocket like an energy bar. They're reduced to mush. I've carried hot coffee in a stainless steel water bottle for years, but there's no energy bar that compares to a Zinger. I don't care whether it's good for me. I don't want anti-oxidants, glucosamine, organically grown free range wheat, or soy milk. What the hell is soy milk anyway? I have yet to see a plant equipped with teats. I want gooey chocolaty goodness...and preservatives...lots of preservatives. At my age, it's a good idea.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger PM Summer said...

Oooo... I have a huge soft spot (and now a craving) for the Raspberry-Coconut Zingers!!!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Glad I could help, PM!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Steve A said...

Dr Atkins would NOT approve of this post...

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home