Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First photos from Nikon N6006

We had a little bit of snow on Monday. Mom and Number One Daughter wanted to go for a walk in it. We went to a small park nearby because it has a level walkway along the side of a pond. Not shown - the generous droppings from the Canada geese. Trust me, the footing was treacherous in spots.



This is cropped from the photo shown below. She's my favorite model, of course. I think the kid learned to pose when she was only a year or two old.

The sky was completely overcast, so the light was flat. I didn't do any compensation for the snow in the camera, though the FastStone resizer does a little bit to bump the color and sharpen the image. The N6006 has a roll of black and white in it now, and I'm anxious to play with it more this weekend.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve A said...

Mom is looking better. You're in trouble now!

7:22 PM  
Blogger The Donut Guy said...

Good stuff.....my dad took about a bazillion pictures of our kids with that camera.

That camera has more buttons and dials on it then the Space Shuttle:-)

6:49 AM  
Blogger Ed W said...

She's feeling tons better, Steve, and she's improving rapidly. The surgeon said she'd probably been sick from this for some time, and in fact, we all noticed her health deteriorating but we didn't know why. Blood tests wouldn't have revealed anything wrong.

I'm certainly relieved that she's improving, even if that means she'll be giving me a hard time now and then. She's still a better wife than I deserve.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

George, the camera is certainly not intuitive! I often know what I want a camera to do, like blur a background, get good depth of field, or properly expose a backlit scene, and my brain knows how to set up a manual camera to do that. But with the Nikon, I'll have to learn all the different modes so the camera will do what I want it to do.

And it would excel at taking photos of fast moving kids! The autofocus method is the same as a modern DSLR. It's very fast, especially so with a 50mm lens.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home