Saturday, June 05, 2010






I volunteered as a mechanic on the Tulsa Tough century ride again this year. I was in Ochelata, hardly more than a wide spot in the road just south of Bartlesville. One of the volunteer firemen said that the town has a little over 400 residents.

Mary would love it!

I...um...borrowed...that cowbell up above. I'll make good use of it.

Also, the full photo set is available in my Picasa web album. These are reduced from the originals, and if anyone should want an original, full-size photo, please let me know.


High tech/low tech

You just never know what you may encounter on Oklahoma's back roads. This hot rod rolled by in almost complete silence. Imagine that, a hot rod with real mufflers! The shot came out as an accident. I was shooting continuously as the car rolled by and caught the old car and carbon fiber bike by sheer chance.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It amazes me how many people ride on the roads with headphones in their ears. Sorry but I don't trust the drivers of the autos and would like to hear them coming when possible!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home