I've changed the rights information for my Flickr photos. The photos were under a creative commons license, so it was OK for others to use them with attribution. But the ones I found didn't even have that.
And that's just plain lazy.
So, for the immediate future, all my photos will have an "all rights reserved" stamp. There are a couple of ways to do this. Flickr offers an editing service, and obviously, it can be done with Photoshop also. I'm using a free program called FastStone Photo Resizer that enables users to "convert, rename, resize, crop, rotate, change color depth, add text and watermarks to images in a quick and easy batch mode." It's free for home use. The joy is that it does all the editing in one go, so it's definitely quick and easy. Also, since the Examiner will not accept photos above a given size, it's an easy way to meet those limits.
Here's an example. I don't think the text detracts much from the image. It's a boring view of Mingo Road just south of 76th Street after that snowstorm last week. Somehow, a hair or a piece of fiber was in the upper left hand corner. I have no idea how it got there or where it came from. I don't think it was on the lens hood, but there's no way to know for certain. It appears as if by magic in a couple of shots, then just as magically disappeared.
Also, after five very long, very frustrating days at work, I finally had a good day. The computer I was working on had 65 separate failures out of about 750 tests. But I narrowed the majority down to two memory chips, replaced both of them, and it failed only 35 times thereafter! That's progress of a sort. Those 35 failures came from a voltage reference that went bad. I replaced it and the unit ran clean! Yippee! And I'd only spent about 7 hours troubleshooting and soldering under the microscope. I celebrated with a bottle of Sam Adams Honey Porter when I arrived at home.