Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend posts


She's rapidly turning into my favorite model...mainly because she works almost for free.  This is my daughter the shopping maven.  We were out on Saturday at the Tulsa flea market, various thrift shops, and Gardner's Books, the latter a favorite of my kids since they were toddlers.  This shot was taken in the cafe using window light, and I think it turned out well.  She's giving me the oh-so-patient "Stupid Father Look" which will someday morph into the Stupid Husband Look.  I'm in no hurry to see that happen.  

All these shots were taken with a Yashica Electro 35 GLN, the same camera I purchased at last week's flea market.  I cleaned the exterior and the rangefinder assembly, installed new seals and a new battery, and exercised the shutter.  It works fine but may be underexposing a bit.  I gave this camera to a friend yesterday.  He's going to run more film through it, and if it's consistently underexposed I'll adjust the autoexposure diaphragm.  It's very possible to install a voltage regulator in one of these cameras - lots of space.  So I'll look into building a 5.6v regulator also.


Here she is in the stacks.  A few days ago, I did a similar shot of her mother.  Neither of them like to be photographed.  I like the way the rectangular pattern of her coat seems to be the same as the more of less rectangular patterns of the books.

I staked out the Dungeons and Dragons reference book rack, hoping that someone would pause long enough for a snapshot.  I was not disappointed.  It drew an eclectic group of people, but I never realized it was a spot that encouraged spontaneous worship.  Maybe there's more to this D&D stuff than I realized.





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home