Monday, April 13, 2009

Major malfunction

My two-year-old Compaq laptop died without warning yesterday. All my drafts for CycleDog, the Examiner, and Wheel Issues are on its hard drive. The tech at our local computer repair said the laptop is toast because the power supply is on the main board and replacing it costs almost as much as another laptop.

Oh joy.

I'll scavenge the drive and the RAM out of it and most likely recover all the data. But it may take a week or so. I think there's a portable hard drive case out in the garage, but finding it will be another nightmare.

Stay tuned.

For the time being, I'm using Number One Daughter's laptop, an almost bullet-proof Toshiba. My email may be slow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Pull the LCD and make yourself one of those nice digital picture frames out of it. Google for help if needed.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home