Friday, October 26, 2007

The next hipster trend?

(Rivendell image from Country Bicycle)

So I'm cruising about, looking for interesting tidbits of information, when I stumble across this: Bike Snob Chicago.

Is this going to be a franchise like McDonalds or CSI? OK, OK, we all know that imitation is a sincere form of flattery, but are 2 or more bike snobs really necessary or desirable? BikeSnobNYC is funny because it's original and witty. Clones are considerably less so.

Let's see, when the television producers decide that we desperately need CSI:Duluth, they'll try to ram it down our throats. I don't think the world wants or needs BikeSnobSapulpa.

...but I'll still put it on my list in Bloglines. It's a compulsion.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There should only be one! Part of the appeal of BSNYC is that he only blogs about NYC... if I wanted to read a blog about cycling in the town I live in now, I would at least give it a more original name, like "Crazy People Shouldn't Be Allowed on the Streets with a Bicycle - Go Surfing and Leave Me Alone."

Is that too long?

12:49 PM  
Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

BSNYC -- there can be only one!

I've been thinking of a computer-generated BSNYC post generator.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

This sort of reminds me of when Saturday Night Live did their takeoff of Miami: Vice (years ago, obviously) called Cleveland: Vice. The main crime wave they were investigating was bowling ball theft.

Honestly, I rarely read BSNYC - I don't care for taking a perfectly useful item like a bike and turning it into a fashion statement. But I can accept that some people like this sort of thing.

But... do we need more than one? Probably not.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home