Sunday, September 30, 2007

The two mile challenge...

The folks at Clif Bar have come up with an interesting, novel idea, a challenge for all of us to use our bikes for all trips under two miles. The main page notes that 40% of all urban trips are two miles or less. Think of it this way, a two mile trip is roughly 8-10 minutes on a bicycle. A car isn't substantially faster over such a short distance in an urban area.

Simply enter your address (or a nearby one if you're averse to handing out information) and it displays various locations within a 2 mile radius. Pretty slick! But I noticed it didn't include some of our more recent retail shops. Nitpicking, I know.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

I was too busy trying all of the samples and totally missed the announcement!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

I like...I like....

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home