Friday, October 28, 2005

Follow-up

hereNT responded to this CycleDog post:

"But I’ve never read anything about a cyclist refusing to pull over because he or she didn’t feel safe."

This Guy

Got pulled over and the cops have taken his protesting the 'resisting an officer' part and brought it up to a felony level. He didn't feel safe stopping and pulled into a parking lot at the first available stop...
--

Fritz posted about it on Cycle-licious

I won't re-iterate his post, but I will say that I've put in an inquiry to the local newspaper for more information. Also, I tried to navigate the Michigan courts websites but didn't find any electronic filings. That's hardly unusual. Most aren't on line.

One of my crew chiefs says that there's no one of us as smart as all of us put together, so if anyone reading this has better information, please post it. I'm still a digital Luddite!

With more complete information, we can post this to various advocacy e-lists and maybe, just maybe, shine a big spotlight on Michigan.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ed W said...

No one ever lies on the Internet! Or conversely, what I've been calling Salinger's Law: Everything on the 'net is TRUE!

I sent an inquiry to the local paper in an effort to sort out opinion and conjecture from facts. Usually, the arrest reports are bare-bones statements.

We had a local cyclist charged with throwing an object at a motor vehicle - a felony in Oklahoma. He was also charged with resisting arrest and assaulting an officer, but the latter charges were dropped eventually. All that appears in the court docket, and it's a matter of record, not opinion.

I haven't heard from the paper yet, but I really don't expect to until early next week.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home