Saturday, June 11, 2005

I'm saved!....sort of

My thanks to Greg who pointed out that I should attach a Madonna del Ghisallo medallion to each of my bikes. Madonna del Ghisallo is the patron saint of cyclists. It certainly wouldn't hurt. Greg also recommended I get one in Italy where her shrine is located. My wife already thinks I have some mental defects. If I decided to jet off to Italy, she'd probably lock me in the garage!

Also, I was helping at a bicycle rodeo in Tulsa today, fitting kids helmets. I always ask them what kind of bike they ride. The boys will know the make and model, the kind of saddle and tires, and other details. The girls almost always tell me what color it is before anything else. But one little girl said she had 2 bikes, one normal and another that was 'possessed by demons'!!! Maybe she needs those medals a lot more than I do. That demon possessed bike pitched her over the handlebars recently.

Maybe I should stock up on some holy water in the garage too. For that matter, does anyone make a 'holy penetrating oil'?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel for that poor kid with the demonically possessed bike, that can't be any fun.

Also, I could be wrong but it seems like on the old 'Batman' show, I remember Robin once saying; "Holy penetrating oil, Batman!" So maybe Burt Ward could help you out with that. It's worth a try!

3:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Upon rereading my 'Batman'/Burt Ward comment, I must attach a disclaimer; I really didn't mean that the way it sounded... what can I say; it was 3AM!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home